Name: St Francis Brewery & Restaurant
Where: 3825 S Kinnickinnic Ave, St. Francis, WI 53235
Review Date: October 18, 2010
Wing type: Traditional, Bone-in
Wing Special: $0.40 wings, Monday 4p-close
- Chicken Quality: Very tiny wings, possibly some of the smallest wings I’ve had yet. Many of the wings seemed to have the bones shattered, which made eating them a bit tricky. Aside from those issues, the wings were cooked well for their size, a nice crispy exterior without a dry inside.
- Sauce Variety: 2 sauces, Buffalo and BBQ. You can also order your wings plain.
- Sauce Quality:
- Buffalo – Very traditional cayenne based sauce, a bit milder than I would have expected, not much spice here at all. Also, the wings weren’t coated with all that much sauce, further muting the flavor potential here.
- BBQ – Very tasty and tangy BBQ sauce, not really all that spicy. A very sticky sauce without being overly sweet. Not all that big of a BBQ wing fan, but this one was worthwhile.
- Sides Quality: Served with celery, carrots, and a very tasty bleu cheese, actually one of the better bleu cheese dressings I’ve had in quite a while. Very creamy with a pronounced bleu cheese taste along with a healthy portion of bleu cheese chunks.
- Value: Normal menu price is above average, especially given their size. Even paying $0.40 per wing at the Monday special seemed like a bit much given size of the wing.
The Final Score:
Chicken Quality: 6/10
Sauce Quality: 6/10
Sauce Variety: 2/5
Sides Quality: 5/5
Overall: 20/33 = 61