Name: In Cahoots & Co.
Where: S43 W31325 Hwy 83, Genesee Depot, WI 53127
Review Date: Saturday, April 13, 2010
Wing type: Traditional Bone-in
Wing Special: $0.25 Wings Tuesday & Thursday, 11a-2p & 5p-9p
- Chicken Quality: Pretty small wings, a group of six of us smoked 120 wings without too much trouble. I few of the wings were really tiny. Cooked well, the wings had a nice crispness to them which I enjoy. However, due to their size some of them got a bit over done and dried out. However, most of the wings retained some moistness to them and were quite good.
- Sauce Variety: Three flavors to choose from: Hot, Mild, and BBQ. Plain is also an option.
- Sauce Quality:
- Mild – Very standard Buffalo wing flavor with a sauce based on a cayenne pepper hot sauce. Nothing unique, but a great classic buffalo wing taste with just a good amount of heat.
- Hot – Very similar to the mild, just hotter. Sadly, it really wasn’t too much hotter, I actually had difficulty telling the difference between the hot and mild wings. Nevertheless, classic Buffalo wing flavor that I love
- BBQ – A sweet tangy BBQ sauce. I prefer a bit more bite in my BBQ, so I wasn’t much of a fan of this.
- Sauces overall – Definitely not a lot of variety, but the hot and mild were the classic Buffalo wing flavor that I love, so I can’t complain.
- Sides Quality: Bleu cheese, ranch, and celery were all served with the wings. Bleu cheese had a bit of a sour taste to it but not terribly noticeable, but all sides compliment the wings well.
- Value: Having two $0.25 wing specials in one week is a great deal in my book!
The Final Score:
Chicken Quality: 7/10
Sauce Quality: 8/10
Sauce Variety: 2/5
Sides Quality: 3/5
Overall: 23/33 = 70
Unless you’re live nearby or are passing through the area, In Cahoots probably isn’t a place worth taking a journey to just for wings. However, if you are in the area, In Cahoots is definitely a good spot for some decent wings at a good price.