Name: The Bosch Tavern
Where: 5871 S 108th St, Hales Corners, WI 53130
Review Date: November 3, 2011
Wing Type: Traditional, Bone-in
Wing Special: $0.35 wings Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Chicken Quality: Average sized wings at best that were served to us ice cold! Luckily, I’m not that picky so I ate them anyway. But in our group I think about eight people ordered wings and every order was cold. Additionally, they were really dried out like they had been under a heat lamp for a long time in an attempt to keep them warm, but obviously it didn’t work based on the cold wings. I’m not sure what happened and I hope this doesn’t happen all the time, but I was greatly disappointed.
- Sauce Variety: Six options to choose from: Hot, Blazing, Teriyaki, BBQ, Plain, Sweet Chili
- Sauce Quality:
- Teriyaki – a standard sweet and sticky teriyaki sauce, not the salty-savory teriyaki sauce I prefer. Nothing awful by any means, but nothing special.
- Blazing – probably my favorite flavor here, but not as hot as I would have expected for a sauce named blazing. A nice traditional buffalo style sauce with just a bit more heat than one would normally expect from a traditional buffalo.
- Sweet Chili – not what I was expecting as this was more along the lines of a Chinese style sweet and sour sauce, there really wasn’t a whole lot of chili flavor going on here.
- BBQ – a normal run of the mill BBQ sauce, not bad, but nothing unexpected or unique
- Sides Quality: Served with ranch dressing (no bleu cheese) and celery. Normal I’d rip on the lack of bleu cheese, but the ranch dressing was fantastic!
- Value: I have to give a perfect score here as they have two nights where you can snag $0.35 wings, that’s a great special price and they do it twice.
The Final Score:
Sauce Quality: 6/10
Sauce Variety: 3/5
Sides Quality: 4/5
Overall: 21/33 = 64 – I feel a bit bad with this score as I sure hope our ice cold wings were an anomaly and not the standard, but it really did put a bummer on wing night. I wish you better luck in your wing experience if you head out to the Bosch!