Name: Finn’s Bar & Grill
Where: 220 W Summit Ave, Wales, WI 53183
Review Date: September 23, 2010
Wing type: Traditional, Bone-in
Wing Special: $0.15 wings 4p-9p Thursday’s
- Chicken Quality: Very tiny wings, I was able to eat 20 and was left wanting more. On the upside, they were cooked very well for being a smaller wing, sometimes places that serve smaller wings can over cook them, but these were still moist despite their size.
- Sauce Variety: Three flavors of sauces: Hot, Mild, Teriyaki
- Sauce Quality:
- Hot: Barely hot. Traditional Buffalo flavor, but very mild, I would wager that person with a severe aversion to spicy foods could handle these wings. I would categorize these wings as mild by most standards.
- Mild: Given the fact the hot were actually mild, I’m not sure what to categorize these as. Virtually zero heat here, the sauce just added a bit of salty taste to these wings.
- Teriyaki: A more savory, soy sauce flavor than some teriyaki’s which can be overly sweet. I do like the saltier version of teriyaki and this fit the bill.
- Overall: No sauce stood out, and all flavors were were a little dry, all the flavors could have used more sauce. While heat isn’t everything, there is no sauce here to satisfy somebody looking to enjoy a little bit of heat in their wing.
- Sides Quality: Served with choice of ranch or bleu cheese and celery. The ranch tasted good, but a bit thinker than I would like with my wings. The bleu cheese was down right strange. To me, the bleu cheese tasted like Miracle Whip with some bleu cheese crumbles, I did not care for that at all.
- Value: While the special price of $0.15 is a great price, the wings were so small I would feel that paying anything more than this is too much.
The Final Score:
Chicken Quality: 7/10
Sauce Quality: 6/10
Sauce Variety: 2/5
Sides Quality: 3/5
Overall: 20/33 = 61